Wednesday 12 September 2012

For Richer, for Poorer...

  Visual Dare! 21 Odd Couple. Image by Jeremiah Morelli.



For Richer, for Poorer...

I smiled at the ugly bitch and forced “I do” through gritted teeth.
I had done it! By marrying another in the Craft, even from such a pitiful background, Grandfather’s inheritance was almost mine.
She limped eagerly after me throughout the reception. And her scrying ability spoiled a
promising tryst with a young Nymph.
Eventually the consummation loomed.
Right. Just get this over with and leave wealthy...
"Dearest!"
“Not going anywhere, is he Floos?” her talons biting deep.
Scrying! Dammit!
“Fly for help Kavos!”
“Caaaw!”
In the flash of yellow eyes I saw that my familiar had his own problems.

___

100 words
@nickjohns999


No comments:

Post a Comment